New infjormation technologies in foreign language teaching
Новые информационные технологии в обучении иностранным языкам
Authors: Zhanibek Akniyet Yerbolkyzy - Republic of Kazakhstan, South Kazakhstan State Pedagogical University, undergraduate; Smanova Gaziza Ileskanovna - Republic of Kazakhstan, Shymkent, South Kazakhstan State Pedagogical University, Ph.D., Acting Associate Professor; Zhekebayeva Raikhan Dildakhanovna - Republic of Kazakhstan, Shymkent, South Kazakhstan State Pedagogical University, Master teacher
Авторы: Жанибек Акниет Ерболкызы - Республика Казахстан, Южно-Казахстанский государственный педагогический университет, магистрант; Сманова Газиза Илескановна - Республика Казахстан, г. Шымкент, Южно-Казахстанский государственный педагогический университет, к.п.н., и.о. доцента; Жекебаева Райхан Дилдахановна - Республика Казахстан, г. Шымкент, Южно-Казахстанский государственный педагогический университет, магистр преподаватель
Annotation: The article is devoted to the problem of development and implementation of computer technologies for teaching a foreign language.
Аннотация: Статья посвящена рассмотрению проблемы разработки и реализации компьютерных технологий обучения иностранного языка.
Keyword: information technology, computer telecommunications, information society,computer graphics, multimedia technology
Ключевые слова: информационные технологии, компьютерные телекоммуникации, информационное общество, компьютерная графика, мультимедийные технологии
At the end of the 20th century, mankind entered a stage of development called “postindustrial” or “information society”. Professions related to information technology began to appear and disappear.
Modern ICT has led to a revolution in education. The first changes in the practical implementation of network technologies appeared in education. However, educational institutions are faced with certain difficulties, which were highlighted by I. G. Zakharova in her work “Information Technologies in Education”. They are as follows:
• the growth of information that determines the content of education is incompatible with limited learning time;
• schools play the role of “one of the main repositories of traditions and scientific heritage”, which contradicts the fact that they should be at the forefront of science and use its latest achievements in teaching;
• schools are called upon to conduct a broad training of specialists, observing the general requirements of the relevant state standards, and at the same time to ensure the educational process, taking into account the individual characteristics and capabilities of students;
• schools provide education to people who have already made their choice, and therefore it is assumed that they have a conscious attitude towards acquiring knowledge. However, in practice, this turns out to be far from the case, and a variable approach to the organization of the educational process is required.
With the advent of new information and communication technologies and their widespread use, it is expected that they will help to overcome these difficulties: from the introduction of technologies into the education process, to a complete reorganization of educational institutions and the teaching process.
From world experience it can be understood that the solution of educational problems begins with the professional training of teachers. Without a qualitative growth in pedagogical professionalism, humanity will be doomed to remain in the past. In this regard, such training of future school teachers and university teachers, which is based not only on fundamental knowledge in the chosen field, but also on a general culture, including information culture, becomes extremely relevant. Teachers of the new generation should be able to competently select and apply precisely those technologies that fully correspond to the content and goals of studying a particular discipline, contribute to “achieving the goals of harmonious development of students, taking into account their individual characteristics”.
O. I. Pashchenko examines the capabilities of a computer from the point of view of a targeted approach in teaching and identifies the following main pedagogical goals of using the means of modern information technologies:
1. Intensification of all levels of the educational process through the use of modern ICT tools: increasing the efficiency and quality of the learning process; increased activity of cognitive activity; deepening of interdisciplinary connections; increase in volume and optimization of the search for the necessary information.
2. Development of the student’s personality, preparation of the individual for a comfortable life in the information society: the development of various types of thinking; development of communication skills; the formation of skills to make the best decision or propose solutions in a difficult situation; aesthetic education through the use of computer graphics, multimedia technology; formation of information culture, the ability to process information; development of skills to simulate a task or situation; the formation of skills to carry out experimental research activities.
3. Work on the fulfillment of the social order of society: preparation of an information literate person; preparation of the user by computer means; implementation of career guidance work in the field of informatics .
Domestic authors consider the following goals and objectives of ICT in education.
The main goal of informatization of education is the global rationalization of intellectual activity through the use of new information technologies, a radical improvement in the quality of training specialists with a new type of thinking that meet the requirements of the information society.
To achieve the listed goal, it is necessary to solve the problems, conditionally divided into economic, social, educational, educational and managerial.
Economic tasks: providing educational institutions with communication technologies for information transfer and mass access to common world information resources.
Social tasks: training of specialists for professional activities in the information environment of society, mastering new information and communication technologies; the formation of a new information culture in society; the formation of a new information worldview in people.
Educational tasks: improving the quality of training of specialists through the use of modern information and communication technologies in the educational process; the use of active teaching methods, increasing the creative and intellectual components of educational activities; integration of various types of educational activities (educational, research, etc.); adaptation of ICT training to the individual characteristics of the student; the development of new information technologies for teaching, contributing to the activation of the student's cognitive activity and increasing motivation to master the means and methods of informatics; ensuring the continuity and consistency of learning; development of information technologies for distance learning; improving the software and methodological support of the educational process.
Educational tasks: introduction of new schemes, technologies and methods of educational work using information technologies; the use of joint information technologies for organizing the intellectual leisure of students.
Management tasks: creation of an information base of educational institutions.
O. I. Pashchenko identifies the following aspects of educational means of information technology:
1. Motivational aspect. The use of ICT contributes to an increase in interest and the formation of positive motivation of students, since conditions are created: maximum consideration of individual educational opportunities and needs of students; a wide choice of content, forms, rates and levels of training sessions; disclosing the creative potential of students; mastering by students of modern information technologies.
2. Content aspect. The capabilities of information technology can be used: when building interactive tables, posters and other digital educational resources on specific topics and sections academic discipline to create individual test mini-lessons; to create interactive homework assignments and simulators for independent work of students.
3. Educational and methodological aspect. Information technologies can be used as educational and methodological support of the educational process. The teacher can use various educational tools of information technology at all stages of the training session. In addition, the teacher can use a variety of digital educational resources when designing classroom and extracurricular activities.
4. Organizational aspect. Information and communication technologies can be used in various options for organizing training.
5. Control and evaluation aspect. Computer tests and test items can be used to implement various types of control and assessment of knowledge. Tests can be conducted online (carried out on a computer in an interactive mode, the result is evaluated automaticallysystem) and offline (the teacher evaluates the results with comments, work on errors).
So, the penetration of modern ICT into the field of education allows teachers to qualitatively change the content, methods and organizational forms of education.
The purpose of these technologies in education is to enhance the intellectual capabilities of students in the information society, as well as humanization, individualization, intensification of the learning process and improving the quality of education at all levels of the educational system.
List of literature:
1.Voevoda E. V. Internet technologies in teaching foreign languages // Higher education in Russia. - 2009. - No. 9. - P. 110-114.
2. Devterova Z. R. New educational technologies: computer telecommunications in teaching a foreign language // Bulletin of the Maikop State Technological University. - 2012. - No. 1. - P. 55-62.
1.Воевода Е. В. Интернет-технологии в обучении иностранным языкам // Высшее образование в России. - 2009. - № 9. - С. 110-114.
2. Девтерова З.Р. Новые образовательные технологии: компьютерные телекоммуникации в обучении иностранному языку // Вестник Майкопского государственного технологического университета. - 2012. - № 1. - С. 55-62.